Grab your keys or rent a car and head to the Catskills for an unforgettable road trip! With scenic vistas, exceptional eateries, and unlimited outdoor exploration, the region is home to a wide variety of unique experiences. Along your journey, visit one of the many incredible Catskills small towns. From county-to-county, discover some of the best spots in the Catskills—then explore the surrounding areas!
Located in the western Catskills, Delaware County boasts community vibes and a peaceful country experience.
- Awestruck Ciders in Sidney serves their tasty hard ciders made with New York State apples in their beautifully decorated taproom.
- Stony Creek Farmstead in Walton offers a farm glamping experience for your whole family. Stay on a Saturday night to enjoy pizza made in their outdoor stone fireplaces!
- Bramley Mountain Trail in Delhi is an easy to moderate four-mile hiking trail that will take you past caves, cliffs, and an abandoned quarry.
- Bull & Garland in Hobart features carefully crafted dishes made with seasonal ingredients—also, check out their beer garden in the warmer months!
- Trattoria Locale in Margaretville is a family-owned restaurant serving Italian cuisine, like cavatelli ala vodka and chicken parmigiana.
Located in the southeastern Catskills, Ulster County offers a mix of adventure and relaxation in a breathtaking setting.
- Arrowhead Farms in Accord is a farm brewery and distillery that uses local ingredients to capture the true flavors of the region—visit to taste the difference!
- A Day Away Kayak Rentals in Kingston offers single and tandem kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboard rentals along the Rondout Creek.
- Oriole 9 in Woodstock, along the vibrant Tinker Street, features locally sourced dishes, such as brioche French toast, chicken tacos, and wild mushroom risotto.
- Emerson Resort & Spa in Mount Tremper provides a serene escape in the Catskill Mountains. Unwind in your beautifully designed room or pamper yourself with a spa treatment during your stay.
- Rail Explorers in Phoenicia provides an exciting experience peddling on the former Ulster & Delaware Railroad tracks alongside the Esopus Creek.
Located in the northern Catskills, Greene County features relaxed craft beverage spots, art history, and cozy lodging.
- Left Bank Ciders in Catskill, Greene County’s first cidery, features their homemade hard ciders made using ingredients from New York State farms.
- Thomas Cole National Historic Site in Catskill, the home of Hudson River School of Art Founder Thomas Cole, features unique exhibitions relating to the American landscape, along with guided tours.
- New York Zipline at Hunter Mountain in Hunter features a family-friendly Mid-Mountain tour with ziplines and suspension bridges, and a Skyrider tour with multiple ziplines that span more than 4.5 miles!
- Albergo Allegria in Windham is a hotel and breakfast restaurant that offers beautiful rooms—get one with a fireplace and whirlpool tub for ultimate relaxation. Opt for their homecooked, locally sourced breakfast in the morning.
- Round Top Trail Network in Round Top, also known as Roundtopia, is a mountain bikers’ paradise. The trail system will take you past a few different waterfalls, and there are even beer gardens and lodging nearby!
Located in the southwestern Catskills, Sullivan County features distinct lodging and cuisine, along with a vibrant culture rooted in history and music.
- Kittatinny River Trips in Barryville is ideal for adventure enthusiasts. Try whitewater paddling or opt to paddle through calm water for a more scenic journey—there are options for beginners and advanced paddlers.
- Bethel Woods Center for the Arts in Bethel is home to an interactive museum, and the historic site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival. The Center also offers arts and culture classes, festivals, and concerts.
- Upward Brewing Company in Livingston Manor offers refreshing brews and delicious food in a scenic mountain setting.
- The DeBruce in Livingston Manor features exceptional dining and lodging, located along hundreds of acres, perfect for connecting with nature.
- Northern Farmhouse Pasta in Roscoe is a family-owned and operated eatery that makes fresh pasta and ravioli using local ingredients and seasonal flavors.
No matter where you choose to explore, experience the serenity of the Catskills.