The words of Francis Scott Key still ring true today as the Catskills celebrates Independence Day with stunning firework displays throughout the region each year. A popular and ageless Fourth of July tradition, fireworks are the perfect way to cap off a day of celebration with family and friends. Whether you spend the day barbequing, paddling, hiking, at a parade, or relaxing at one of the family-friendly resorts in the Catskills, head to a spectacular firework display to end your Fourth of July the right way!
Thousands will come out to the Catskills for some of the best fireworks shows in Upstate New York. Curious about 2020 Fireworks? Get an idea of what you can look forward to based on the 2019 schedule below!
Where to watch 4th of July Fireworks in the Catskills:
ULSTER COUNTY - 2019
- June 28 - Dusk: Accord Speedway's Fireworks Extravaganza
- Great racing, food, and family fun await you at Accord Speedway. Spectator gates open at 5:30 pm and racing begins at 7:30 pm. Fireworks show to follow races. A rain date is scheduled for July 5th.
- July 4th – 9 p.m.: Walkway Fireworks Spectacular, Highland
- Experience a premier fireworks display from the Walkway over the Hudson. Gates open at 7 p.m. and fireworks begin around 9 p.m. Guests are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs, snacks, and drinks. Entrance fees are $12.50 for general admittance adults ages 10 and up, and $10 for Walkway members, veterans, and seniors.
- July 4th – 9:30 p.m.: Kingston July Fourth Celebration, Kingston
- Food, music, and activities kick off an Independence Day celebration at 4 p.m. at T.R. Gallo Waterfront Park. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- July 4th – Dusk: Ellenville Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks, Ellenville
- Arts, crafts, and food are available all day at Liberty Square. The parade kicks off at noon with floats and live bands. Then head over to Joseph Y. Resnick Airport for fireworks in the evening that begin at 9:30 pm.
- July 4th – Dusk: Saugerties Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks, Saugerties
- An annual parade of floaters, bands, and marchers begins at 11 a.m and fireworks are set to begin at 10 pm.
- July 5th – 5-11 p.m.: Town of New Paltz Independence Day Celebration, New Paltz
- Fireworks, food trucks, and live music, what could be better for a post-July 4th celebration? Admission is free and begins at 5:00 pm at the Ulster County Fairgrounds. Fireworks set to begin around 10:30. Rain date: July 7th.
- July 5th - 6-10 p.m.: Highland Independence Dat Celebration & Fireworks
- Come out to the town field behind Methodist Church on Vineyard Avenue & Main Street for old-fashioned fun, DJ Reg, local food vendors, games, and a bounce castle! Fireworks will go off at dusk.
- July 6 - 5-Dusk: Red, White, & Blue Fireworks Extravaganza, Modena
- On Saturday July 6th, visit Thomas Felten Memorial Park for music, food, and fireworks. Grab your glow sticks, a blanket, and nestle in for a great community event beginning at 5:00 p.m.
GREENE COUNTY - 2019
- July 3rd- 4pm- Dusk: Coxsackie's Independence Day Celebration
Come celebrate the 4th of July riverside! Coxsackie Farmers Market, food trucks, breweries & winery, Sangria & cocktails. Live music at 4pm by James Dykeman and 6:30pm by Wyld Blu. Face painting, hoola hooping, games and more. Fireworks at 9:15. Free shuttle from the Village Building. Coxsackie Riverside Park, Betke Avenue, Coxsackie.
- July 4th -5 pm -Dusk: Cairo's 4th of July Celebration at the Park
- July 4th - 2 pm-Dusk: Windham's Good Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration
Stroll along Main Street from 2-7 pm where you will enjoy sidewalk sales galore, live local music, food, children’s entertainment including magic, balloons and face painting. Parade beginning on Route 296 to Main Street followed by fireworks at Windham Mountain Resort at dusk.
- July 5th - 7 pm-Dusk: Catskill's 4th of July Celebration
- Come enjoy fireworks at dusk along the banks of the Hudson River. Dutchman’s Landing Park, Main Street, Catskill
- July 6th - 11 am-Dusk: East Durham's July 4th Parade & Fireworks
- Come out to East Durham for a parade kicking off at 11 am on Route 145 at the Michael J. Quill Irish Cultural Centre and stay for fireworks happening at dusk
- July 6th - 3 pm-Dusk: Village of Tannersville 4th of July Celebration
- A parade begins at 3 pm at the Go Greene Food Mart and ends at the Village Hall on Main Street. Music will be at Rip Van Winkle Lake with fireworks at dusk.
DELAWARE COUNTY - 2019
- July 4th – 1-9:30 p.m: Margaretville Fire Department Field Days, Village Park, Margaretville
- There was a huge turnout at the Margaretville Fire Department Field Days throughout the week, with a full day of holiday festivities, live music, food, and a fireworks show at 9:30 p.m on July 4th.
- July 6th – 5-9 p.m.: Fair on the Square, Courthouse Square, Delhi
- Delhi continued Fourth of July celebrations with food, games, live music, and a firework display from 5-9 p.m. on Friday, July 6th.
There are also a number of non-firework 4th of July celebrations hosted in Delaware County!
SULLIVAN COUNTY - 2019
- July 3rd – Dusk: Fireworks on Main Street, Narrowsburgh
- Crowds gathered to celebrate Independence Day on Main Street in Narrowsburgh with fireworks at dusk.
- July 4th – Dusk: 24th Annual Liberty Festival, Liberty
- Festivities began in the morning with a classic car and truck show, live music, a parade, games, a bouncy house for kids, food, and even face painting! Many stuck around until and others joined at dusk to enjoy the fireworks.
- July 4th – Dusk: Town of Fallsburg Independence Day Celebration, Hurleyville
- From 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Morningside Park, crowds celebrated the Fourth of July with rides, live music, entertainers, and fireworks at dusk.
- July 4th – Dusk: Spectacular Fireworks at the Villa Roma Resort, Callicoon
- Villa Roma Resort opened to the public for Fourth of July fireworks at dusk.
- July 4th – Dusk: Sullivan County July Fourth Outdoor Buffet & Bethel Fireworks
- Some got a little fancy this 4th of July at Sullivan County's July Fourth Outdoor Buffet from 6:30-10:30 p.m. on the Upper Deck of The Fat Lady Café. Guests enjoyed a reading of the Declaration of Independence, a selection of appetizers, and a Make Your Own Sundae bar. Many then headed to the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts for a firework display overlooking White Lake that began at dusk.
- July 6th – 10 p.m.: Monticello Casino & Raceway Fireworks, 204 Route 17B
- Monticello Casino and Raceway hosted a firework show after the races from approximately 10-11:30 p.m.
- July 7th – Dusk: Catskill Mountains Resort, Barryville
- Fourth of July celebrations are long-lived in the Catskills. On Saturday, July 7th, Catskill Mountains Resort made day passes available for the pool. Guests enjoyed refreshments at Zac's Lounge, had dinner at Mountainside Restaurant, and watched a spectacular Fireworks show that began at dusk.
To ensure the best possible experience for you and your fellow viewers, keep these pro tips in mind.
Fireworks Watching Tips
- Bring lawn chairs or, better yet, blankets so you can get comfy!
- Depending on how close you are to the launch location, fireworks can be very loud. Consider bringing earplugs for small children or members of your group who don't like loud noises.
- Many pets are afraid of fireworks. Keep your canine companions on a leash to avoid having to send out a search party for Fido after the show.
- Some venues allow you to bring outside food and beverage. Be respectful and take out what you bring in. Also, be sure to drive responsibly if you're enjoying adult beverages.
Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and late-night picnics and get ready to "ooh" and "ahh" at these breathtaking firework displays. If you're not grilling your own hamburgers and hot dogs, stop by a local eatery for food before the show. Fireworks aren't the only way the Catskills are celebrating the Fourth of July! If you're in town for the long weekend, check out some of the great, family-friendly events going on for the holiday.